Logistics Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
Company: FLIR Systems
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to
develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which
enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne
FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue
people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate
safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and
want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Executive Order 13991 (COVID Vaccinations for Federal Government
Contractors) requires all employees working at a site at which work
is being performed on a covered government contract to be
vaccinated for COVID unless an exemption applies. The site at which
this position is based is covered by the Executive Order. Proof of
COVID vaccination is required at time of hire.
The Logistics Coordinator/Administrative Assistant will be
responsible for communicating and providing tactical instructions
to vendors and/or contracts that provide 3PL or direct Logistic
services to Teledyne FLIR. This includes 3PL and Distributor
inventory management, order management, freight movement
instructions, import freight, and parcel freight coordination,
while supporting on time delivery and achieving cost savings
targets. This position plays a key role in company logistics and
tactical planning of worldwide customer satisfaction and for
efficiency and cost containment. The ideal person for this position
will have a mix of experience including logistics metrics and
process management, material sourcing, project management,
efficiency oversight and change recommendation and overall 3rd
party vendor management experience.
- Ensures proper documentation for shipments in a timely
- Transacts receipts, shipments, transfers, etc. in SAP to enable
accurate billing and inventory.
- Manage the preparation, maintenance and routing of fulfillment
- Prepares accurate bill of lading.
- Prepares accurate Dangerous Goods Declarations and ensures
packages are correctly marked according to IATA DG Regulations and
DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with 3PL to timely shipments.
- Tracks shipments and communicates to customer's status.
- Communicates with 3PL and Distribution customers to monitor and
manage consignment inventories.
- Manages replacement shipments to customers by collaborating
with customer service and 3PLs.
- Responds to customer inquiries as needed.
- Supports issuance of Purchaser Orders to help level load the
Supply Chain department.
- A dministrative duties:
- Make decisions and execute actions to support general
administrative needs of the organization.
- Assist with visitor sign-in procedures.
- Ensure support activities are completed in a manner to
consistently support the broad administrative needs of the
organization, such as travel arrangements and expense reports,
meeting coordination, a variety of other support activities.
- Receive incoming mail and distribute accordingly.
- Generally assist employees as needed in the operation of the
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal
permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply
for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S.
Departments of State or Commerce.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 5+ years' of experience in global logistics and customer
- SAP experience preferred.
- Prior office/administrative support experience preferred
- Strong Computer/Microsoft Office/Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting
business with the highest ethical standards. We require all
employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules
and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and
high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making
innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: FLIR Systems, Stillwater , Logistics Coordinator/Administrative Assistant, Professions , Stillwater, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!