INSTRUCTOR - FORD ASSET
Company: Oklahoma State University
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY: Thisposition will facilitate learning
for an associate in applied science degree inthe Ford ASSET Program
within the School of Transportation & HeavyEquipment.
PRINCIPALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate records ofstudents' progress and provide them
to administration when appropriate.
- The instructional load, which is 15credit hours per semester,
may consist of day and night classes or distancelearning.
- This person will also be expected tomaintain regular office
- Developing and updating coursematerials and curriculum in
conjunction with the automotive faculty, advisorycommittee
representatives, general education faculty and technical
programfaculty will be an essential job function.
- Assume daily responsibility of housekeeping and maintenance
ofclassrooms and laboratories.
- Willingly provide tours for prospective students, parents and
- Routinely attend and participate in special events, e.g.
graduation,student extra-curricular activities, advisory committee
meetings, studentmove-in day, employee recognition functions,
student club activities, fieldtrips, etc.
- Willingly spend the time necessary to accomplish assigned tasks
- Maintain up-to-date course outlines, objectives, assignments
- Serve on appropriate curriculum committees.
- Willingly participate in both unit and institution-wide
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationshipswith industry
representatives and partners.
- Design interactive, engaging,technology-enriched and
applications-focused student learning experiences.
- Participate fully in the academic assessment of student
learning inalignment with the expectations of accreditation and
- Embrace OSU Institute of Technologys Graduate Performance
- Willingly assist with the wide array of OSUITs student
- Represent the School and University in appropriate professional
andcommunity organizations and related activities.
- Fulfill other responsibilities tomeet the needs of the School
- Special Instructions to Applicants
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for
full consideration. Looking to hire starting with the Fall 2021
semester. Position Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/orability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individualswith disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelorsdegree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited
college or university;Masters degree preferred.
- Othercombinations of education and industry experience may be
substituted for degreerequirement.
- Evidences a historyof demonstrating ethical and professional
- Five years ofevidenced industry experience.
- Teaching experiencein Higher Education preferred.
- Demonstrated successin collaborating with diverse
- Ability to plan,organize and fulfill complex initiatives.
- Computer skills toinclude electronic communications, word
processing, and the ability to usespecific software associated with
the position are necessary.
- Ability to maintainhigh standards of work, initiative,
commitment, ethics, professionalresponsibility and judgment.
- Ability to workeffectively with and promote diverse
- Superior interpersonalskillsincluding the ability to
effectively recognize and resolve complexproblems in a constructive
- Must exhibitcharacteristics of a team player, willing to take
initiative and assumeresponsibility.
- Ability to foster andsupport innovation and excellence.
- Must demonstrateexcellent oral and written communication
- Must possessexcellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to
effectively recognize andresolve conflict.
- ValidOklahoma drivers license.
- A.S.E.Master certified.
- FordSTST certifications.
- Ability to work someevenings and weekends, as needed.
- Travel required.
- Normal classroomphysical environment; ability to lift up to 25
The above statementsare intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performedby people assigned to this job. They
arenot intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skillsrequired of personnel so classified.
OklahomaState University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study,
work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and
students. To support this environment and comply with applicable
laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks
onfinal candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the
successful completion of a background check.The type of background
check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not
limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender
registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or
education verification. Background checks will be conducted when
required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the
university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Keywords: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater , INSTRUCTOR - FORD ASSET, Other , stillwater, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!