Regional Director of Nurses DON
Company: Mays Home Care
Posted on: November 12, 2021
The Regional Director is responsible for the overall direction
of home health clinical services in a specified geographic region.
The Regional Director establishes, implements and evaluates goals
and objectives for home care services, which meet and promote the
standards of quality and contribute to the continuous quality
improvement of the Agency. This position can be located at Ponca
City, OK or Stillwater, OK branch. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Is a Registered Nurse in the State of practice.
- Has at least an associate's degree of Nursing.
- Has one year of management experience in a home health or
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental
health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
- Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or
- Has excellent observation and communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating
with individual ages of those served, primarily the geriatric
- Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional
and administrative personnel.
- Has an ability to deal tactfully with the community.
- Has knowledge of corporate business management.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations. Job
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient/client
services provided by clinical agency personnel in their region.
Assures service satisfaction through client visits and other
measures as appropriate. Assists Branch Supervisor in investigation
and resolution all patient/client complaints.
- Assists Branch Supervisor in training and orientation of all
office and clinical activities and staff. Communicates, as
appropriate, with staff, physicians, referral sources, and clients.
Provides guidance and counseling to Branch Supervisors to assist
them in continually improving all aspects of home health care
services, provided through agency personnel. Assures adequate
supply of qualified staff. Assists with recruiting, hiring,
orienting of all Branch staff.
- Assists Branch Supervisors in managing clinical services and
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of patient/client and family/caregiver care to clinical
personnel as indicated.
- Assists the Director of Professional and Clinical Services in
the preparation and administration of the agency's annual budget.
Participates in short and long range planning for the branch and
implements specific measures for regional growth.
- Assists Director of Professional and Clinical Services in
interpreting operational indicators to detect census changes and
increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing
levels, revenues or expenses.
- Performance appraisal of direct subordinates is completed
according to agency policies and procedures, assisting subordinates
with professional growth and development.
- Ensures the orientation and on going education of direct
subordinates is adequate to appropriately carry out their assigned
- Assists Branch Supervisors to develop skills and techniques in
evaluating the performance of their staff.
- Coordinates with Director of Professional Clinical Services in
hiring, evaluating, and terminating agency personnel.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient/client clinical records,
statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and
reporting of agency activities.
- Ensures proper maintenance of clinical records according to
agency policies and procedures, and in compliance with local, state
and federal laws. Ensures the provision of documentation required
for financial reimbursement of care completed on timely basis and
in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assists in the orientation or delegates orientation of new
- Recommends to the Director of Professional and Clinical
Services and/or Director of Education, in-service and continuing
education programs to meet education and training needs of agency
personnel. Works with the Education Team in providing education to
all staff in the region. Provides adequate opportunity for
education and assures that all staff meet training and in-service
- Assists with the evaluation of Agency performance via
performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual
reviews. Ensures the quality and safe delivery of home health
services provided through the Agency.
- Ensures compliance of their region with all local, state and
federal laws regarding licensure and certification of agency and
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home
health care; shares information with appropriate agency
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
Works with other agencies and promotes good community relations by
involvement in community events.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Agency's mission, vision,
philosophy and standards of care.
- Is available for emergencies involving health care staff
members and clients. Other aspects and demands of the job not
listed above: The above statements are intended to be a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in
Keywords: Mays Home Care, Stillwater , Regional Director of Nurses DON, Executive , Stillwater, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!