Company: National Standard
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Company - US Wire Group is the parent of three independent
companies (five manufacturing facilities) which produce steel wire
and cable/wire related products that serve many industries. The
independent business model fosters entrepreneurship and growth and
allows professional development at all levels. US Wire Group is
part of the Metals Processing Group and wholly owned by The Heico
Companies, LLC. Our philosophy of developing a close customer
contact to provide prompt, responsive service and to meet our
customer's changing needs allows us to be leaders within our
respective industries. Products are marketed domestically through a
direct sales force, manufacturer's representatives and an
established network of independent distributors. Our company is
diverse and has a solid management base, product/market niches and
efficient manufacturing capabilities. The Position - Located in
Stillwater Oklahoma, the -Metallurgical Engineer -plans, directs
and coordinates manufacturing processes for welding wire
Electrodes, Industrial wire, Bead wire, and supports operations to
assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. Works with
multiple departments such as Lean Leadership, Operations, Quality
Assurance, Design Engineering, Procurement, and Regulatory Affairs
to improve existing product designs and processes to increase
throughput, decrease operational costs, and improve quality. Job
Description Primary Responsibilities
- Assist Quality Assurance with maintaining quality levels of raw
materials by writing material specifications.
- Design new products and redesign existing products as required
by the needs of sales effort.
- Assist Production in resolving any problems which may occur
with raw materials.
- Assist Quality Assurance and Sales to develop effective
corrective actions for non-conforming material.
- Continually explore cost effective raw materials for wire
products while maintaining product performance.
- Assist manufacturing with continuous improvement initiatives to
increase productivity and lower production costs.
- Assist with repairing equipment and tooling.
- Work with Operations and outside vendors to create
methods/process to improve production capacities.
- Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams to launch new
or revised products.
- Work closely with maintenance department to improve machine
reliability, reduce downtime, and define equipment maintenance
- Assist with performing process failure mode effects
- Work with management to establish project timeliness, project
justification, and budget forecasts.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and
- Serve on AWS committees or subcommittees as appropriate to keep
current with codes and standards in the industry.
- Assist marketing in preparation of accurate data sheets by
providing technical input and required product performance data.
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material
- Four years of experience in metals industry conducting failure
analysis of engineering components and process audits.
- Prior management and direct supervisory experience
- Self-motivated, responsible, and ambitious individual that is
able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work effectively independently and in a team
Keywords: National Standard, Stillwater , Metallurgical/Process Engineer, Engineering , Stillwater, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!